Dating Advice for Guys, Part 2 …Posted: November 4, 2012
Alright, if you are a single guy looking for the woman of your dreams, take heed:
As an addendum to my last dating lament, which you can read here, just in case you are a good guy who means well but somehow missed the memo on dating etiquette, THESE are some little suggestions that may help…
On a date:
1) Let her walk through the doorway first (at restaurant, concert venue, museum, bar, store, etc…).
2) Hold the door for her (generally, and unless awkward to do so).
3) Let her walk to the table ahead of you in a restaurant.
4) Don’t start eating until you both have food/both have been served the course (such as appetizer, salad, soup, entree, or dessert). At a dinner party, wait until the hostess starts to eat.
5) If you asked her out, you chose the place, OR you declined her offers to split the bill… then pay it. If this isn’t how things will always be, then discuss. At a later time.
6) Walk her to her car, if applicable.
This concludes today’s installment. These are just a few things that show that a man is thoughtful and courteous. You may be thoughtful, but if you don’t show it, she’ll never know it.
Dear readers, what other advice would you add?
Wishing you love,